Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lolo Peak and Carlton Lakes

Just Southwest of Missoula is a peak that is usually visible from anywhere in Missoula. There are a few alpine lakes up there. I thought there would be a ton of people since it is so close and only about four miles to the lakes. To my surprise I had the entire area to myself. it was a pleasant day of exploring various lakes, and ridges as well as plenty of reading, napping and swimming. Would have been the perfect day if there weren't so many bugs who declared me delicious.

--Carlton Lake and the "Lolo Peak" we see from Missoula. The actual peak is out of the frame to the left.
--lake outlet looking east.
--Little Carlton Lake. Much less evidence of people here. I decided to call it home for the day.
--a comfy resting place
--Life is pleasant. By the way... I never made it to the peak. I became much too comfortable at the lake.

No comments: